The company said Tuesday (August 2015) it had received notice of an impending investigation and a request for documentation from the Public Prosecutor of the Republic in Milan in relation to new criminal proceedings for the alleged crime of international corruption opened by the judicial authorities in Milan.
Saipem said that the investigation was related to contract that the Brazilian company Petrobras awarded to Saipem SA (France) and Saipem do Brasil (Brazil) in 2011.
“As of today, the Saipem Group has not received any notification regarding this matter from the judicial authorities in Brazil,” Saipem said.
The company also said that it had only learned from the press in June 2015 that the judicial authorities in Brazil have launched investigations concerning this contract against several Brazilian citizens, including a former consultant of Saipem do Brasil.
“Saipem S.p.A. is cooperating fully with this impending investigation and in June 2015 launched an internal audit, upon learning that an enquiry had been opened in Brazil against a former consultant of Saipem do Brasil. These internal audit is still ongoing,” the company said.
Source: August 14, 2015 by Offshore Energy Today