General financial oversight.
- To oversee and present budgets, accounts and financial statements.
- To liaise with designated staff about financial matters.
- To ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- To ensure any recommendations of the auditors are implemented.
- To ensure accounts meet the conditions of contractual agreements with external agencies such as funders and statutory bodies.
Financial planning and reporting.
- To present financial reports to the main board of directors.
- To make a presentation of the accounts at the annual general meeting (AGM).
- To advise on the organisation’s reserves policy and investment policy.
- To advise on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans.
- To advise on the fundraising strategy of the organisation.
- To ensure that there is no conflict between any investment held and the aims and objects of ASMAA.
- To chair meetings of the Finance Board of Directors.
- To sit on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required.
Qualities and Skills Preferred.
- Experience of financial control and budgeting.
- Experience of fundraising.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to be contacted on an ad hoc basis.
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up.
- Good time-keeping.
Time Commitment Required.
The role of the Financial Director requires an estimated commitment of 12 hours per month.